Diggers uses profits to help the community
Harbord Diggers was introduced as a not for profit social enterprise that uses its profit to assist people in need in the local community. It is this philosophy that has helped thousands of locals and will continue to help many more in the future.
At Harbord Diggers, we are dedicated to our ongoing devotion to the local community. We will continually support the social needs of those less fortunate in the spirit of the legacy of those before us.
The Diggers not only creates a future for our club and but for many future generations. We will keep the light of remembrance and legacy burning bright at its core.
Over the years, Harbord Diggers has been at the forefront of improving life on the Northern Beaches.
We are proud to have:
- Donated the first CAT Scan machine on the Northern Beaches to Manly Hospital.
- Donated the first ever motorised surf life-saving boat on the Northern Beaches.
- Built the first local fitness centre in a Registered Club over 50 years ago.
- Established Waves Youth Centre providing community entertainment and care.
- Supported more than 180 local organisations.
- Provided more than $600,000 of financial support each year so that other groups can continue to serve our community.
- Hold an annual Christmas Party for Stewart House children and run gift giving donations for Stewart House and Bear Cottage.